Revised June 2017
Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
2. HIPAA. In addition, the healthcare providers from the MHD that you interact with when using the Services are required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) to describe their privacy practices in document called a Notice of Privacy Practices. You can access a copy of this notice on the patient portal.
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by MHD of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. MHD bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
5. The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include:
Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information.
Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information.
Billing information that you provide us.
Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site.
Other information you input into the Site or related services.
6. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
To provide you with the Services
To improve the services offered – by performing quality reviews and similar activities
To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service
To notify you when Site updates are available,
To market and promote our Site and the Services offered to you through the Site
To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
For any other purpose for which you give us authorization
You can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing or market research information by emailing us at email@example.com.
7. We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as permitted or allowed by law, as follows:
To our wholly owned subsidiary, Breakthrough, and affiliated medical groups.
To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
As required by law, which can include providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request.
When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of MHD’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
8. Information we Collect via technology: As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located.
9. De-Identified Information. We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
10. Security of Information Collected. We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Specifically, the Site is protected by SSL 3.0 technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as (i) failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet can be assured due to potentially unsecure computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
11. Modification of Information. You can update some of your personal information through our Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Deletion of Information. You can close your online account by emailing us at email@example.com. If you close your account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
13. Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. A Special Note about Children and Minors: MHD does not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Site or use the Services. If you are below the age of 18 you are not permitted to use this Site or the Services.
My Home Doctor, LLC
1430 S. Dixie Hwy, Suite 304
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
MHD is not an insurance product or a prescription fulfillment warehouse.
MHD does not replace the existing primary care physician relationship.
Medical services rendered by your physician are subject to their professional judgment.
MHD operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states.
MHD does not guarantee that a prescription will be written.
MHD physicians do not prescribe DEA controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse.
MHD physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services.
MHD telehealth and onsite consultations are available 24/7/365 7 days a week or by scheduled availability.
MHD logo are registered trademarks of My Home Doctor LLC. and may not be used without written permission.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
"It is the policy of MHD not to engage in discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, physical, mental or other disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or citizenship."
What information will MHD collect?
Information may be collected in two ways on our websites:
You may elect to establish a user account. Personal information will not be collected from you without your knowledge.
Providing personal information is always voluntary.
We may use "cookies" to help us improve our website by tracking your navigation habits and to store some of your preferences. A cookie is a small file created by an Internet site to store information on your computer. Cookies do not allow websites to gain access to other information on your computer. Once a cookie is saved on your computer, only the website that created the cookie can read it.
What if I don't want information about me to be collected?
Providing personal information through Anthem's website is an option. Additionally, personally identifiable information will not
be collected from you without your knowledge and approval.
How will information collected about me be used?
Information you share with us will be used in a variety of ways that let us serve you better. We may also use this information to perform administrative, technical, hosting or other functions that help us manage our site and deliver new functionality to you. We will not make your personal information available to your provider, unless you direct us to do so. While it is fully within your rights to not share personal information, you may not be able to utilize some features of the TeleHealth Online communication tool if you choose not to supply personal information to a provider. All providers have represented to us that they will comply with all federal and state privacy and security laws applicable to your interactions with them. However, MHD is not responsible for any violations of those laws by providers. Each time you choose a new provider, you will be given a copy of that provider's Notice of Privacy Practice, in accordance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, ("HIPAA") privacy of information provisions.
Following your interactions with providers, you may print the conversation record for your records and you may also send your information
to others via email, fax, or mail. Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Once that information leaves our secure website, we are not able to direct or control any further disclosure of that information.
We will not share your Personal Information with any other third parties without Your express permission, except as otherwise permitted
by this Agreement, or as required by law.
To the extent your health insurance provides coverage for online services, MHD may obtain personal data from your insurance provider and other third parties that provide data interchange services for your insurance provider. That data will be subject to the same privacy and security policies as the personal information that you submit directly to us.
Your personal information will be stored in a secure manner. We have implemented a variety of commercially standard encryption
and security technologies and procedures to protect your personal information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access.
We also maintain standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your personal information to those of our associates (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your personal information.
MHD may combine, in a non-identifiable format, the personal information you provide with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties for general public health or commercial purposes. Aggregate data does not
contain any information that could be used to contact you or identify you.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not respond to web browser "do not track" signals. As such, your navigation of our site may be tracked as part of the gathering of quantitative user information described above. If you arrive at our website by way of a link from a third party site that does respond to
"do not track" requests, the recognition of any "do not track" request you have initiated will end as soon as you reach our site.
Use of electronic mail
We may provide email links on our site to further facilitate communication between us and you. Information collected through electronic mail may be shared with our customer service department, employees or other third parties that perform services on our behalf. Unless otherwise noted, electronic mail on our site is not a completely secure and confidential means of communication. Non-encrypted electronic communications may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us. Therefore, we recommend that you contact us by phone using one of the numbers found on our website or on your healthcare ID card whenever you are communicating personal information to us.